Everyone is welcome to comment and reply at The Actinide Age, but extended experience of the internet informs the following guidelines on posting:
- Quotes are encouraged. Quoting out of context is seriously discouraged.
- Stay on topic, or topics. Respect yourself as a contributor, as well as others: if you choose to respond to personal comments then address every point raised, even if it is to call it off-topic.
- Avoid being a Queen Bee.
- YAWYW: If you don’t bother to contribute legibly and respectably, with grammar and punctuation, no one should feel obliged to reply.
- Though sharing it is encouraged, you’re not entitled to your opinion.
- That being said, we all have our cognitive biases, just try not to let it become cognitive dissonance. The trick is to be bias-aware!
- If thou dare committeth logical fallacies, please identify them yourself before anyone else has to.
- Godwin’s Law and its corollaries apply. Of course, it doesn’t have to be Hitler or Nazis… let’s just avoid reducing the discussion to absurdity.
-  – just assume that someone is going to ask you to support that claim you just posted. Be sure that your source is actual evidence for your claim too.